“Stunning Digital Photography”, the #1 photography ebook in the world, is now available on iBooks! This book has four things no other book offers:
1) VIDEO TRAINING. About 90 minutes of hands-on video tutorials.
2) 400+ HIGH RESOLUTION, ORIGINAL PICTURES. Detailed example pictures taken by the author in nine countries demonstrate both good and bad technique.
3) HANDS-ON PRACTICES. Complete the practices at the end of every chapter to get the real world experience you need.
4) NEVER OUTDATED. This book is regularly updated with new content (including additional videos) that existing owners receive. As new photography trends emerge and new camera equipment and lenses are released, you'll see them described in the book immediately.
In this book, Tony Northrup (award-winning author of more than 30 how-to books and a professional portrait, wildlife, and landscape photographer) teaches the art and science of creating stunning pictures.
First, beginner photographers will master:
* Buying a camera, lens, flash, tripod, and more
* Shutter speed
* Depth-of-field (blurring the background)
* Natural light
* Troubleshooting blurry, dark, and bad pictures
* Pet photography
* Wildlife photography (mammals, birds, insects, fish, and more)
* Sunrises and sunsets
* Forests, waterfalls, and rivers
* Night photography
* Raw files
* Macro/close-up photography
Advanced photographers can skip forward to learn the pro's secrets for:
* Posing men and women (checklists provided)
* Portraits (candid, casual, formal, and underwater)
* Remotely triggering flashes
* Using bounce flash and flash modifiers
* Using studio lighting on any budget
* Building a temporary or permanent studio at home
* Shooting your first wedding
* High speed photography
* Location scouting/finding the best spots and times
* Planning shoots around the sun and moon
* Star trails (via long exposure and image stacking)
* Light painting
* Eliminating noise
* Focus stacking for infinite depth-of-field
* Underwater photography
* Getting close to wildlife
* Using electronic shutter triggers
* Photographing moving cars
* Photographing architecture and real estate
Customer ReviewsSee All
Where is the updated version for iBooks?
First, let me say that the conetnt contained in this book is simply AMAZING. It tells you exactly what you need to know about every topic. Using a variety of images and videos, Tony and Chelsea are able to help convey the topic in a way that is easy to understand. I can’t wait to see all of their work in the future.
After saying all of that… I am just confused as to why the iBooks version of this book is from 2013 and stuck on Version 2.0. The book has been updated several times by Tony and Chelsea and as of May 2016 it is on Version 5.0. Where is the iBooks love? If you register your book purchase on Tony and Chelsea’s website, you can download the current version in PDF form for free. However, I don’t find that it is an enjoyable reading experience as the iBooks version. Would really like to see the book updated in the near future.
Amazing book for a beginner!
Ok love this book. Simple language, endless pictures for examples, well recorded videos..... I just became a father, so I went out and brought a really expansive camera and took some really crappy pictures of my baby. Then I downloaded this book and now have amazing shots. I carry my iPad in my camera bag now because this book is as important as any lens or camera accessory in my bag.
Thank you Tony for the excellent (almost personal) training you have given me in photography.
The content of this book is great. The quality of this eBook made specifically for the iPad is amazing! I originally downloaded a sample of the regular iBook version and purchased the kindle version. I was disappointed with the quality of the images in the Kindle app version and was considering purchasing the full iBook version because the images were a bit clearer, but the videos launched in Safari and I didn't like bouncing between the book and the web. Then I discovered this new version - the presentation is fantastic, the information is more accessible, it's easier to jump around and find things, the images are clear... It takes full advantage of the capabilities of an eBook and turns a quality book about making art into art itself.