Take your story to the next level of excellence!
You've completed the first draft of your novel--now what? Chances are, it's not perfect...at least not yet. In order to increase your chances of getting a literary agent, selling your manuscript to a publisher, or garnering an audience for your self-published work, you need targeted, practical instruction on tackling the problem areas and weak spots in your story. You need Troubleshooting Your Novel.
In this hand-on, easy-to-use guide, award-winning author Steven James provides helpful techniques and checklists, timesaving tricks of the trade, and hundreds of questions for manuscript analysis and revision. You'll learn how to:
• ADJUST elements of story progression, from causality, tension, and setbacks to plot twists, climaxes, and endings.
• DEVELOP authentic, riveting characters by exploring their attitudes, desires, beliefs, and more.
• LEARN narrative techniques for elements such as dialogue, flashbacks, suspense, voice, subtext, and flow.
• ENSURE reader engagement by aligning with their expectations, fulfilling promises, and instilling trust.
• CHECK issues with context and continuity.
You owe your book more than just a polish and a proofread. Strengthen your story, prepare it for the marketplace, and make it the best it can be with Troubleshooting Your Novel.