Quit horsing around! Whether you want to ride ’em, race ’em, or raise ’em, you’ll find everything equine in these pages.
Why the long face? This book really ponies up the fun! From Old West cowboy companions to magnificent Kentucky Derby winners, Uncle John trots out a beloved tome dedicated to our equine friends. Saddle up and read about the most hair-raising, hilarious, and heartfelt horse tales from around the world. You’ll ride into the sunset with…
* The high-stepping Budweiser Clydesdales
* The secrets of Secretariat and other Triple Crown winners
* Horse-tastic superlatives--the biggest, smallest, oldest, and fastest
* Equine myths exposed (such as, Seabiscuit wasn’t really that famous)
* Pressing equine questions (Just how big is a hand, anyway?)
* The wild ponies of Chincoteague
* What it takes to be a jockey
* The real horse whisperer
* The Texas prison rodeo
* Strange horsey laws
And much, much more!