Explore every nook and cranny of Unity 5 to turn your imaginations into reality
About This Book
• Demystify the C# programming language in Unity 5.x.
• Unleash the power of Unity to create a wide variety of projects in numerous genres and formats.
• Master the art of optimization for Unity 5.x applications with tips and techniques that will further enhance your game.
Who This Book Is For
Beginner level Unity developers who do not have much programming experience.
What You Will Learn
• Master the art of applying C# in Unity. Get to know about techniques to turn your game idea into working project.
• Use loops and collections efficiently in Unity to reduce the amount of code.
• Create and code a good-looking functional UI system for your game.
• Find out how to create exciting and interactive games using GUIs.
• Work with different animation assets and components to enhance your game further.
• Personalize your game by learning how to use Unity's advanced animation system.
• Create, visualize, and edit animated creatures to add to your already amazing game.
• Familiarize yourself with the tools and practices of game development Discover how to create the Game Manager class to, generate game levels, and develop UI for the game.
• Use the Unity Profiler to find bottlenecks anywhere in your application, and discover how to resolve them.
• Implement best practices for C# scripting to avoid common mistakes
Unity is a cross-platform game engine that is used to develop 2D and 3D video games. Unity 5 is the latest version, and adds a real-time global illumination to the games; and its powerful new features help to improve a game's efficiency.
If you love games and want to learn how to make them but have no idea where to begin, then this course is built just for you. This learning path is divided into three modules which will take you in this incredible journey of creating games.
The course begins with getting you started with programming behaviors in C# so that you can create 2D games in Unity. You will begin by installing Unity and learning about its features. You will learn how to perform object-oriented programming and discover how to manage the game play loop, generate game levels, and develop a simple UI for the game. By the time this module comes to a close, you will have mastered the art of applying C# in Unity.
It is now time we put into use what we learned in the previous module into reality as we move onto the second module. Here, we will be building 7-8 action-packed games of different difficulty levels. Each project will focus on key Unity features as well as game strategy development. This module will mark your transformation from an application developer to a full-fledged Unity game developer.
Who wouldn't love a game that is fully perfect, functional, and without any glitches? The third module deals with just that by teaching how to enhance your game by learning game optimization skills. Here, you'll gain an understanding of possible solutions to any problem and how to implement them. You will then learn everything you need to know about where performance bottlenecks can be found, why they happen, and how to work around them.
With this massive wealth of knowledge, at the end of this learning path, you will be able to leverage an array of game development techniques to create your own basic games while resolving any issues that you encounter.
Style and approach
This learning path should be treated as the complete package necessary for building games. It is a step-by-step guide to develop a game from scratch by applying the fundamentals of C# and Unity scripting, with a reference guide in the end to solve all your gaming problems.