• $9.99

Publisher Description

Valdosta, located in Lowndes County in the wiregrass region of southern Georgia, was founded in 1860, when the county seat was moved 4 miles east from Troupville to meet the railroad that would connect the region with Savannah. The town was named for the residence of former governor George Troup, who named his home after the Valle d'Aosta region of northern Italy. The town took some time to begin substantial growth, but after the Sea Island cotton market boomed in the late 1800s, the town entered a period of expansion that has rarely slowed. Currently, Valdosta is home to several major highways, a state university, a nationally known amusement park, and an Air Force base.

GENRE
History
RELEASED
2011
May 2
LANGUAGE
EN
English
LENGTH
128
Pages
PUBLISHER
Arcadia Publishing
SELLER
INscribe Digital
SIZE
54.1
MB