We’ve always been told that you have to walk before you can run. And it’s true. But do you know that if you are a walker you can become a runner? With the right preparation you too can have that exhilarating feeling of throwing on a pair of running shoes and heading out into freedom. Running is one of those activities which is intrinsically enjoyable and super healthy and almost anyone can learn to do it safely and well. This book is for people who want stronger bones and muscles, better cardiovascular health, improved feelings of well-being, and the enjoyment of running. This book is for YOU!
In Walker to 30 Minute Runner you will:
- learn about running gear, routes, motivation, the nuts and bolts of running days
- be given unique warm up exercises and cool down stretches for each day
- use entries in your running log to track your own progress
- have the ability to complete the program at your own pace
- obtain a proven guide to gradually transition from walking to running for 30 minutes
- use timed walk/run interval prescriptions
- become a runner in about 8 weeks!
Photos accompany all the recommended exercises and stretches to help guide you through a safe and successful program. Happy running everyone!