Lonely Planet: The world’s number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet’s Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Explore Washington wine country, hop a ferry to the San Juan Islands, and dive into the hipster playground of Portland – all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest:
• Improved planning tools for family travelers - where to go, how to save money, plus fun stuff just for kids
• What’s New feature taps into cultural trends and helps you find fresh ideas and cool new areas our writers have uncovered
• NEW Accommodations feature gathers all the information you need to choose where to stay
• NEW Where to Stay in Seattle map is your at-a-glance guide to accommodation options in each neighborhood
• Color maps and images throughout
• Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
• Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
• Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
• Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
• Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
• Over 60 maps
• Covers Seattle, Bellingham, the San Juan Islands, Olympic Peninsula, Washington Cascades, Central & Eastern Washington, Portland, Wine Country, Ashland, Eastern Oregon, Vancouver, Whistler, Vancouver Island, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest is our most comprehensive guide to Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest, and is perfect for discovering both popular and off-the-beaten-path experiences.
Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet’s USA for an in-depth guide to the country.
Need a city guide? Check out Lonely Planet’s Seattle or Vancouver for an in-depth look at these cities. Going for a short break or trip? Pocket Seattle and Pocket Vancouver are smaller guides focused on the can’t-miss sights.
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
• Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
• Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
• Add notes to personalize your guidebook experience
• Seamlessly flip between pages
• Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
• Embedded links to recommendations’ websites
• Zoom-in maps and images
• Built-in dictionary for quick referencing
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world’s number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveler since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travelers. You’ll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.’ – New York Times
‘Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller’s hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)