West Highland Way
"When walking the West Highland Way, this book was my bible." - Steven Smith, Amazon.co.uk
Based on a full-colour rucksack-friendly printed guidebook, this fixed-format ebook respects the original page layouts, while also enabling instant cross-references, searchable text and (if the user is online) web links.
The West Highland Way is the first and most famous of Scotland's Great Trails. It stretches for 96 miles (154 km) of superb scenery, from the outskirts of Glasgow, Scotland's largest city, through its first National Park, along the shores of Loch Lomond, and ends in Fort William, at the foot of Ben Nevis, Britain's highest mountain.
The guidebook contains everything you need to plan and enjoy your walking holiday including 2018 route updates:
• the Way described in detail, in manageable daily sections
• distance, terrain and where to find food and drink
• concise background on the history and wildlife
• information about side-trips, e.g. Ben Lomond and Ben Nevis
• background information about Loch Lomond, history, habitats and wildlife
• planning information for travel by car, train, bus or plane
• route map of the West Highland Way in six panels (1:100,000)
• in full colour, with 70 photographs.