Highly Interactive eBook! Interactivity in this book helps support learning in a variety of engaging ways! This is not your typical read along enhanced eBook—it is much more!
This book is educational and fun at the same time! The "What Makes" series will captivate young readers with cool interactive features and amazing close-up photos. Children will learn that scientists sort animals into groups based on the many ways in which they are alike. This book is about one of those animal groups . . . spiders. Meets common core state standards in science.
Special interactive features include:
- difficult words [in blue] which can be clicked to hear correct pronunciation
- interactive buttons to see bonus photos, more information and identification arrows
- slideshows to see additional related photos
- zoom option to see animals in incredible detail
- special glossary option to touch any word to reveal: copy, define word and search features
- index which is live-linked to the appropriate page
- interactive quiz with links to the correct answers
- additional cool amazing animal facts
Note: This book is longer than 40 pages when you add the slideshow and popup windows with more information and photographs.
We strive to make our books unique and we design them from the ground up. Books by Galloping Turtle Books are created by educators and illustrated with photos from professional photographers. Our books are not just photocopies of previously published books. And our books are not designed from mass produced book themes and generic interactive tools.
Galloping Turtle Book’s photographer, Dwight Kuhn, has published more than 140 children's books [print editions] on nature and biology subjects. Many of his books have been awarding winning titles. Kuhn was one of ten photographers featured in the book: Wildlife Photography—The Art and Technique of Ten Masters.