"And after the earthquake there was a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire there was the sound of a gentle whisper." (1Kings 19:12 NLT)
Have you ever:
• Struggled to understand God's plan for your life? You know He has one, but with all the noise of this world, how are you supposed to know what it is?
• Felt like you are just "going through the motions" every day and your daily routine has no significance or real meaning?
• Wondered how you can actually hear God speak to you, as you've heard He has to others?
You are not alone. It is difficult, with all the hustle, bustle, and busyness of life, to slow down and listen for instructions from above. This book offers an opportunity to learn how to pause, reflect, and listen for God's voice in your daily life, so that you can experience the joy, peace, and contentment He has just for you.
Inside this book, you will discover:
• Short stories or modern-day parables to inspire, encourage and give you hope, which is so desperately needed in the world today.
• Simple ways to reflect both on scripture and your unique circumstance to find God's peace for your life.
• Insights on how to find significant meaning and purpose. Just listen to the "Whispers in the Morning" that are all around us (but rarely heard).
About the Author
Holding a Master of Divinity from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and a Master of Human Relations from the University of Oklahoma, Tracy Alan Barnett is a Board-Certified Chaplain (BCC) specializing in Mental Health issues and serves as a Hospital Chaplain helping veterans recover from the trauma of war. With over 30-years of ministry experience and 26-years of military service, he brings a unique perspective to understanding how God continues to speak through His Word, through people, and everyday events to convey His love, compassion, and care to the people who bear His image.