JAMES BEARD AWARD WINNER
The expanded wine guide from the creators of Wine Folly, packed with new information for devotees and newbies alike.
Wine Folly became a sensation for its inventive, easy-to-digest approach to learning about wine. Now in a new, expanded hardcover edition, Wine Folly: Magnum Edition is the perfect guide for anyone looking to take his or her wine knowledge to the next level. Wine Folly: Magnum Edition includes:
• more than 100 grapes and wines color-coded by style so you can easily find new wines you'll love;
• a wine region explorer with detailed maps of the top wine regions, as well as up-and-coming areas such as Greece and Hungary;
• wine labeling and classification 101 for wine countries such as France, Italy, Spain, Germany, and Austria;
• an expanded food and wine pairing section;
• a primer on acidity and tannin--so you can taste wine like a pro;
• more essential tips to help you cut through the complexity of the wine world and become an expert.
Wine Folly: Magnum Edition is the must-have book for the millions of fans of Wine Folly and for any budding oenophile who wants to boost his or her wine knowledge in a practical and fun way. It's the ultimate gift for any wine lover.
Customer ReviewsSee All
All you need to know about wine, whether you live in Europe or US or simply are traveling. The best part is about how to pick and pair wine. Just as promised - simple, entertaining and informative. No snobbish expression of we-usually-summer-in-Hampton’s kind.
Fun, beautiful but too many typos and mistakes.
As the previous edition, the Magnum Edition offers beautiful iconographics and maps. However, there are plenty of typos and mistakes regarding proper location of wine regions, correct appellations’ names etc, that i cannot recommend wine students to use it as a proper reference book.
On this edition the wine regions are connected to wine varieties by curved dotted lines which I find distracting. I prefer way better the previous maps.
Bottom line, this book can easily be skipped by the serious wine scholars. However, it is just a fun, beautiful, non-precise doodle wine book.