Craft Compelling Dialogue
When should your character talk, what should (or shouldn't) he say, and when should he say it? How do you know when dialogue--or the lack thereof--is dragging down your scene? How do you fix a character who speaks without the laconic wit of the Terminator?
Write Great Fiction: Dialogue by successful author and instructor Gloria Kempton has the answers to all of these questions and more! It's packed with innovative exercises and instruction designed to teach you how to:
• Create dialogue that drives the story
• Weave dialogue with narrative and action
• Write dialogue that fits specific genres
• Avoid the common pitfalls of writing dialogue
• Make dialogue unique for each character
Along with dozens of dialogue excerpts from today's most popular writers, Write Great Fiction: Dialogue gives you the edge you need to make your story stand out from the rest.