New York Times bestselling author Jennifer Probst teaches a surprising key to success in the romance industry: truth.
Write True intermingles personal essays on craft and being a career author with down-to-earth advice on writing romance in the digital age. Probst will teach you how to:
- Handle and overcome fear using solid, step-by-step advice.
- Pivot in an ever-changing industry.
- Write fast moving, riveting dialogue.
- Create description and setting that pop.
- Master the keys to being a successful career author in the romance genre.
- Develop heroes and heroines that captivate readers.
- Seed and develop a popular series.
- Discover unique ways to market and build your platform.
In today’s ever-changing, competitive industry, connecting with your writing and story truths is key to sustaining a joyful, successful writing career. To survive—and thrive—you need the help and wisdom of an expert. It’s time to discover your truth as a storyteller.
Written in Probst’s unmistakable and honest voice, Write True is filled with lessons, craft, and truthful advice every writer needs to succeed.
Don’t just write.
It would be an easier, happier world if none of us had to face the harsh realities and pain of our lives, but eventually, we all will. When it’s your turn, and you sink down into the abyss, remember there will be light one day. It won’t be easy to crawl out of the dark, but it’s possible because writing is about hope.
Hope that our story can give one person in the world a gift. Maybe that is the gift of escape, or happiness, or a laugh during a difficult time. Or the power to dream. Or the determination to keep going, just like our characters. We may not realize it during our darkness, trying to fight to make our writing come alive on the page, but those readers are out there, waiting for us.
We owe them this fight. They need our story.
They need your story.
–Excerpt from Write True