This is the first book for the general public, written by a physician, to guide you through what really happens in the Emergency Department (ED).
Learn what to expect if you, or a loved one, becomes one of the 15 million visitors to the ED in Canada every year.
- What happens and why from the ambulance to the trauma bay?
- What and whom should you bring?
- Why do you have to wait so long? Why did that person get seen before you?
- Who gets seen faster? How can you get treated sooner?
- Why do you have to tell the same story over again?
- Who are all these people?
- What should you do to prepare?
Dr. Voon also busts some common myths and provides tons of practical tips and tricks to help you stay out of the ED:
- What might not be an emergency after all?
- What should everyone stock in their Home Medicine Cabinet?
- What internet sites can we trust?
As an in-depth and comprehensible resource, this non-fiction is a reference that belongs in every household and every waiting room.
Find out more on the web at DrVoon.ca.