Your Writing Matters
How to Banish Self-Doubt, Trust Yourself, and Go the Distance
You could spend years wondering whether you’re meant to be a writer—or you could read this book.
You write day after day. You dream of bestseller’s lists and royalty checks. But despite your best marketing efforts, those dreams remain out of reach.
You start to wonder if you’re wasting your time. Does your writing even matter?
Yes, it’s tough out there, and you have a right to feel the way you do.
Society’s focus on money and fame doesn’t make it any easier. If you’re not producing results in the form of royalties and recognition, others may discount the value of your creations, making it difficult to get the support you need to keep going.
Everything changes once you make “the decision.”
In Your Writing Matters, author Colleen M. Story — a long-time professional writer and writing coach — will help you discover whether you truly have a writer’s DNA. She examines:
• The scientific evidence behind the pressure you feel to make money with your work
• The reasons why fame and notoriety are so attractive and discouraging
• The myth of the most talented writers
• Why book marketing can seem so exhausting
• Why you feel you have to justify the time you spend writing
Step by step, you’ll gain a clear-eyed look at the challenges a writer faces in the outside world. You’ll also learn:
• What hidden benefits writing may have in your life
• Whether writing is part of your life’s purpose
• When it’s best to leave writing behind
Every writer, somewhere along the way, grapples with the question of whether to continue on the writing journey. Don’t waste your precious time in indecision. Let Your Writing Matters guide you to your truth and you’ll never look back again.