Resolving Conflict provides a step-by-step guide to the unique E-R-I method of conflict resolution. It’s based on dealing with the negative emotions, using the reason to understand the situation and consider alternative conflict resolution strategies, and employing the intuition to come up with alternatives and decide on the best approach. In time, this model becomes second nature, so it can be easily applied in any situation.
The book features a wide range of hands-on techniques and examples, with chapters that explore:
- assessing major conflicts and determining their causes
- tools of communication, negotiation, and empathy
- creating alternatives and finding solutions
- ways of turning conflicts into creative opportunities
- dealing with both work and personal conflicts
- making conflict management a part of your life.
Gini Graham Scott, Phd, is a nationally known writer, consultant, speaker, and workshop leader, specializing in business and work relationships and professional and personal development. She is the founder of Changemakers Publishing and Writing and has published over 50 books on diverse subjects. She has received national media exposure for her books. Her Website is www.changemakerspublishingandwriting.com.