Targets and incentives can drive breathtakingly positive results: the moon landings, the eradication of smallpox, or the repair of the ozone layer, for example. They can also have a dark side that can put executives in prison, bring global businesses to their knees, and even cause wholesale loss of life.
Using practical examples and case studies, this book walks you through the essential steps of designing robust, effective, and credible targets and incentives for your organisation. The approach is also perfect for selecting meaningful Key Results for OKRs.
This book is for people who:
- Are tasked with creating new, effective, performance targets, OKRs or incentives
- Need help fixing existing performance targets, OKRs or incentives
- Want a structured and practical design framework
This book will help you:
- Create targets, key results and incentives that align with your strategy
- Build engagement with your target owners
- Test your targets, key results and incentives rigorously for unexpected outcomes and dangerous loopholes
GAMED includes free access to valuable notes, tools, and templates.
This book will help find your business bind-spots and fix them - fast
Business leaders often don’t see the unintended consequences of KPIs and targets they set… until it's too late. The stakes are high. Measures and Targets drive behaviours. In this book, the author articulates the issue and how to solve it using a simple, yet thorough framework.
Compelling case studies and a robust approach to change.