Award-winning author and photographer Tony Northrup has spent much of the last 15 years traveling the world photographing the diversity and beauty of life. In that time, more than 50 million people have enjoyed his wildlife photography website, www.northrup.org, the largest free collection of wildlife pictures from a single photographer.
Now, Tony has published pictures of his favorite 100 songbird species as a book so that you can enjoy their beauty and diversity anywhere. Each picture is in full color with brilliant detail, so that you can appreciate the subtle adaptations of each species.
Here are just a few of the amazing birds shown in this book:
* Blackbirds (Red-winged and Yellow-hooded)
* Blue Jays
* Cardinals (Northern, Red-crested, and Yellow-billed)
* Crows (4 species)
* Finches (8 species)
* Flycatchers (Great Crested and Willow)
* Grosbeaks (Black-backed and Rose-breasted)
* Orioles (Baltimore and Jamaican)
* Sparrows (9 species, including Eastern Towhees)
* Starlings (8 species)
* Tanagers (Blue-grey, Opal-rumped, and Scarlet)
* Warblers (8 species)
* Weavers (4 species)
* Wrens (Carolina and House)
...and much more!
Customer ReviewsSee All
100 Species of Songbirds: A Picturebook for Bird Watchers and Lovers
Great bird photos. All closeups and clear.
Beautiful pictures! HOWEVER, would have liked more than profile views. Looked for front/ top view of heads for identifying marks. Top, wings open, bottom, wings open. Again to correctly identify some birds, who were in general close to monochromatic in color.