The dog training book you’ve been waiting for from the bestselling author and star of National Geographic Channel’s Dog Whisperer.
#1 New York Times bestselling author Cesar Millan shows you how to communicate well with your dog and shares the most effective and humane methods for teaching your dog how to be a happy, well-behaved member of your household. In Cesar’s Rules, he addresses:
• The most popular training techniques, including positive reinforcement and using a clicker
• Ways to teach basic obedience commands sucha as sit, stay, and come
• The importance of balance, and why a well-trained dog does not necessarily mean a balanced one
• How to use your dog’s own natural inclinations to create better behavior
• The methods and theories from a variety of renowned trainers, including Bob Bailey, Ian Dunbar, Joel Silverman, Martin Deeley, and Mark Harden
• Encouraging and honoring your dog’s instincts
• And much more . . .
Filled with practical advice, anecdotes, tips, and trouble-shooting techniques from Cesar and his colleagues, this is the ultimate guide to a well-behaved and well-balanced dog—from a new puppy to an old dog who can still learn new tricks.
I found this book to be full of stories relating to his past trainings. Even though they are some what relevant, the book truly doesn't help you correct an unruly dog. I personally don't care what he previously did for another client. I want to know how to help my situation. Bitterly disappointed I wasted my money.