The Edexcel A2 Music Study Guide, 5th Edition, presents all the key information that you will need to know for your Edexcel A2 Music course - For exams from 2015 to 2017.
Written in a clear and approachable style by experienced teachers and examiners, this guide includes:
- A detailed analysis of all the set works, providing a clear and concise outline of the key features of each work and its musical context, with practice questions to help you check you have understood the information given
- Advice on how to improve your analytical writing about music
- Sample essay questions to use for practice
- Tips on how to hone your listening skills and develop your aural awareness
- In-depth guidance on the requirements of the Composition and Technical Study unit, with information on genres, instrumentation and how to develop your ideas
- Advice on how to tackle Extended Performance
- A comprehensive glossary explaining all the musical terms you will need to know.
Author Paul Terry studied music at the University of East Anglia and trained as a teacher at Cambridge University. Paul was an examiner for the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music for nearly 30 years, and has been Chief Examiner in Music for both OCSEB (now part of OCR) and Edexcel (for whom he pioneered the introduction of Music Technology as an A-level subject).