A fully interactive book designed exclusively for iPad. Packed with films, animations, interactive ways to explore data and beautiful infographics, Facts are Sacred brings the amazing power of data to life.
What is the true human cost of the war in Afghanistan? What are the real effects of the austerity measure? And how did the London riots spread so quickly?
Based on the Guardian's award-winning datablog, Facts are Sacred reveals how data has changed our world, uncovering the true story behind the headlines. Ground-breaking and fascinating, it celebrates a resource that has pushed the boundaries of modern journalism and is a manifesto for a new way of seeing things.
- Watch films on the practice of data journalism, featuring contributions from David McCandless and others, the history of the data journalism and how data was used in reporting on the Olympics
- See how rioters 'commuted' into trouble hotspots in the UK in 2011
- Explore the data that came out of the 2012 US election
- Find out how to track a hurricane
- Engage with interactive elements that show you what the world was like when you were born, or how rumours explode and are denounced on Twitter
- Get the inside view on how journalists dealt with the enormous amounts of data contained in the WikiLeaks information
...and much, much more!
Written by Simon Rogers (whose accolades include Best UK Internet Journalist 2011 and Royal Statistical Society Award for Excellence 2012), Facts are Sacred is a book truly brought to life for the digital environment.