Horizontal Jesus Bible Study Book includes a small-group experience for six sessions, individual study opportunities during the week, applicable Scripture, “How to Use This Study,” and tips for leading and hosting the group.
Loving God is vertical love. Loving others is horizontal love. Jesus showed His disciples how these two loves are intertwined in practical ways. While our relationship with God is based on faith alone, He warns and encourages us to see that the way we treat people affects our experience of Him. In this six-session study, you’ll learn how to apply biblical principles drawn from several one-another passages in Scripture. In doing so, you’ll reap blessings in your vertical relationship with God.
1: The Theology of It
2: Loving One Another
3: Connecting with One Another
4: Encouraging One Another
5: Restoring One Another
6: Serving One Another
• Biblically rooted and gospel-centered content
• Individual study opportunities for continuing spiritual growth
• Group and personal components
• Discover how your vertical relationship with God is connected to horizontal relationships with others.
• Develop a greater appreciation for the church.
• Identify personal application from Jesus’ example of meeting spiritual and physical needs.
• Reorient your attention from private spirituality to public and practical lifestyles of faith.
Author: Dr. Tony Evans is one of the country’s most respected leaders in evangelical circles. As a pastor, teacher, author, and speaker, he serves the body of Christ through his unique ability to communicate complex theological truths through simple yet profound, illustrations. While addressing the practical issues of today, Dr. Evans is known as a relevant expositor. New and veteran pastors alike regard him as a pastor of pastors and as a father in the faith.