MAD ABOUT MEN IS:
• A (mostly) true, laugh-out-loud account of a successful executive single mother’s search for love.
• “Racy, raw, sometimes vulgar, always hilarious,” according to a guy in Chapter 32 who actually read it.
• An account of dating and sex from a liberated, confident, unapologetic MILF in her 40s.
• A warmly relatable story, even though it sounds like a sordid, lustful tale of promiscuity (which it also is, the author admits).
MAD ABOUT MEN IS NOT:
• A self-help book about relationships.
• About a woman who finds herself after some extreme, soul-searching, incredible journey.
• A sticking-finger-in-throat sappy account of finding true love and living happily ever after.
• Only for women to read.
Madelyn gains a new perspective on relationships after a series of major losses (some devastating, some not so much). Root for her as she entertains each potential suitor and laugh with her (or at her) as she tries to make sense of what she wants, what men want, and what to do next. Whether or not you’ve ever swiped right, Match’ed, or flirted with the flight attendant, you’ll relate to Madelyn’s search for love and (hot) sex—not necessarily in that order. Go ahead and judge her, she won’t mind.
A MUST-READ! YOU HAVE NEVER READ A MENMOIR LIKE THIS ONE. Mind. Blowing.
Original, hilarious, hot, sexy and yes, touching with emotions but not your standard sappy, woe-is-me kind of emotions. Highly recommend this book to women of all ages and also to men who want to get a truly honest and real woman's perspective. I enjoyed every single chapter and every unique story expressed by the author. The author dares to share just about everything she experiences in this 'menmoir' and I kept thinking, "Wow? Seriously? No Way? OMG! WHAT?!" I do not often shout at a book but Madelyn's stories combined with her snappy, quick-witted, ballsy writing style left me physically reacting -- in the best way possible -- to her wild yet true stories. Even her Book Club Guide questions listed at back of book provoked further insights and longing for her story to continue in a Part II Menmoir. After reading this book, I'm Mad About MAD! Never mind the men.
A brilliant telling by a fiercely independent woman, served up with a huge dollop of hilarity!
A brilliant telling by a fiercely independent woman, or more accurately - force of nature, served up with a huge dollop of hilarity. I’ve spent my entire adult life trying to understand the mind of the stronger of the species – this book gave me a front row seat to the MADness! Madelyn’s relentless search for true, everlasting love is a fascinating, must read!