Stress, anxiety, depression, trauma, bullying, and burnout have all become "accepted realities" of the modern workplace. This recovery workbook will help you unpack your workplace realities, educate you about PTSD, and help you build your personalized transformation and recovery plan.
Each exercise in the workbook walks you through a process of self-reflection and self-discovery to help you understand and make sense of your situation.
Recovering from PTSD is a step-by-step process. Whether you want to make a change in the next couple of months or the next few years, this workbook is designed to help you achieve the following:
1. Open your mind to explore your PTSD recovery options creatively.
2. Identify and understand the triggered emotions that surface with your PTSD symptoms.
3. Deepen your approach to life and your lifestyle needs.
4. Define what you need in your work environment to feel healthy and happy.
5. Outline your recovery action plan and personal recovery steps.
6. Transform your passions and interests into a viable recovery plan.
This recovery program has six core purposes:
1. Validate your current situation. This recovery program begins by validating your experiences and breaking through any denial you may be experiencing by examining all the ways you could be traumatized at work.
2. Identify your realities. Once you understand how you've been traumatized, you'll learn about how PTSD develops and how to break through the defences that protect you from the painful experiences you're facing.
3. Understand workplace PTSD. Armed with a deeper understanding of what PTSD is, how it develops, and how you react to trauma, you will be able to identify the support you'll need to heal and recover.
4. Build your recovery team and develop your action plan. Useful tools and techniques will help you connect with and build your team of support professionals and advocates. Once you begin working with your team, you'll start the recovery process by acquiring a set of skills and techniques to help you weather the storm and begin healing.
5. Grieve, mourn, and let go. Recovery will take you on a journey of grieving, mourning, and letting go, which will transport you to a new sense of calm and acceptance. I'll break down this journey into the stages you'll travel through to get to the other side.
6. Maintain your recovery. Finally, I'll share helpful ways to maintain your recovery, manage setbacks with compassion, and track your progress so you can proactively navigate the inevitably choppy waters as you continue your healthy and productive recovery.