Author of four #1 digital bestsellers, Steven Manchester has been praised far and wide as one of our greatest storytellers of the heart. His new novel, THE CHANGING SEASON, is his most compelling – and most acclaimed – novel yet, the story of a season when everything changed for a young man and of the canine best friend that stood with him through it all.
“The Hike” is a prequel short story that tells of a momentous excursion into the woods between these two companions – one that will change both of them forever.
Advance Praise for THE CHANGING SEASON:
“The Changing Season is a story that will bring you back to that awkward period of time between childhood and adult life. I highly recommend this book.”
– Richard Paul Evans, #1 NYT Bestselling Author, The Christmas Box and The Mistletoe Promise
“Manchester’s The Changing Season will be to young adults what Old Yeller is to my grandson.”
– Ed Asner, Actor, Up, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Lou Grant, Elf
“The Changing Season is a thought-provoking coming-of-age tale that explores the complicated themes of love, faith, family and, above all, loyalty. Mr. Manchester’s portrayal of a boy at the cusp of manhood is evocative and sympathetic.”
– Susan Wilson, NYT Bestselling Author, One Good Dog
“Heartfelt, emotional, and beautifully written, The Changing Season is captivating. Steven Manchester is one gifted storyteller!”
– Carla Neggers, NYT & USA Today Bestselling Author, Harbor Island and Echo Lake
“In The Changing Season, Steven Manchester brings us a warm-hearted story of love and loyalty—both canine and human—and shows us what it really means to be a best friend.”
– Teresa Rhyne, #1 NYT Bestselling Author, The Dog Lives (and So Will I) and The Dogs Were Rescued (and So Was I)
Customer ReviewsSee All
From a 14 year old point of view, I thought this book was amazing!