This book could change your view of the world forever. "The Joy of Not Working" is all about learning to live every part of your life — employment, unemployment, retirement, and leisure time alike — to the fullest.
You too can join the thousands of converts and learn to thrive at both work and play, while enjoying life like never before.
This classic has sold over 310,000 copies and has been published in seventeen languages. Illustrated by eye-opening exercises, thought-provoking diagrams, and lively cartoons and quotations, "The Joy of Not Working" will inspire you to:
* Be more productive at work by working less.
* Discover and pursue your life’s passions.
* Gain the courage to leave your corporate job if it is draining life out of you.
* Pursue interesting leisure activities that make a difference in your physical, mental, and spiritual well-being.
* Vanquish any guilt you may have about not working long and hard hours
* Be financially independent with less money.
* Forget about security and focus on opportunity.
* Regularly indulge in a good measure of creative loafing.
* Put more effort into simplifying your life and less into complicating it.
* Live your life on your own terms and not someone else’s.
The latest edition of this book includes over thirty inspirational letters from readers detailing how the book helped them improve the variety, tone, and quality of their lives.
"The Joy of Not Working" is a provocative, entertaining, down-to-earth, and tremendously inspiring book that will help you get more joy and satisfaction out of everything you do.
“What a wonderful title: 'The Joy of Not Working'. Ernie Zelinski’s basic message, no matter your career stage, is get a well-balanced life and quit relying on your job to define who you are.
It’s hard to quibble with Zelinski’s live-life-to-the-fullest message. Those who have drafted a resignation letter in their heads a thousand times may be motivated to finally quit an unfulfilling job.”
— Michelle Archer, "USA TODAY"