What really drives workplace equity and inclusion—beyond strategies and systems?
The truth is, all historically excluded persons who have broken through to greater levels of professional belonging and achievement have succeeded not by policy and systems change alone, but because of leaders who chose to remove barriers, open doors, and guide them toward their goals. The bottom line? Someone made a way for them.
Using case studies, data, and candid storytelling, Tara Jaye Frank outlines how leaders with power and position can clear the path to workplace equity by
• discovering where you are on your equity journey today;
• embracing the steps required to achieve true equity;
• understanding what your employees really want from you;
• developing a lens for the big barriers and intervention opportunities;
• connecting the dots between meeting talent needs and unlocking company value;
• recognizing when Waymaking matters most; and
• showing up—every day—as a leader who makes a way.
The Waymakers not only makes a compelling case for change. It also teaches you how to facilitate that change. Once you’ve read it, you’ll understand why the question is not “what” drives equity and inclusion, but “who.”
And the answer is you.