A workbook that will help you stop compulsive eating from the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Women Food and God.
With the publication of her ground-breaking books, Feeding the Hungry Heart and Breaking Free From Compulsive Eating, Geneen Roth has helped hundred of thousands of people win their battle against the destructive binge-diet cycle. Now this remarkable companion workbook shows compulsive eaters—in a constructive, non-judgmental way—how to stop using food as a substitute for handling difficult emotions or situations...and how to enjoy eating and still lose weight naturally. By using the liberating exercises and techniques developed by Geneen Roth in her highly succesful Breaking Free® workshops, dieters, who've tried every conceivable diet—losing weight again and again, only to gain it back—and bingers, who are harming their health, can learn wholesome, beneficial ways to achieve their goals. This proven program offers reassuring guidlines on:
• Letting food become a source of pleasure rather than anxiety
• Kicking the scale-watching the habit—forever!
• Recognizing the difference between physical and emotional hungers
• Learning to say no
• Listening to, and trusting, your body's hunger and fullness signals
• Distinguishing "forbidden foods" from those you truly want
• Uncovering the conflicts that stand between your desire to lose weight and your urge to eat compulsively
• Discovering other pleasures besides food
This book is for the person who has tried all the diets, wants to know why they don't work, and wants to why they gain more weight in the process. It's excellent. You'll cry when u relate to what she's saying but You'll also really start to understand your habits. If you get this book, do the exercises, they really help.