THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING DIET BOOK PHENOMENON
If you’ve ever suspected that not everyone should eat the same thing or do the same exercise, you’re right. In fact, what foods we absorb well and how our bodies handle stress differ with each blood type.
Your blood type reflects your internal chemistry. It is the key that unlocks the mysteries of disease, longevity, fitness, and emotional strength. It determines your susceptibility to illness, the foods you should eat, and ways to avoid the most troubling health problems.
Based on decades of research and practical application, Eat Right 4 Your Type offers an individualized diet-and-health plan that is right for you.
In this revised and updated edition of Eat Right 4 Your Type, you will learn:
• Which foods, spices, teas, and condiments will help maintain your optimal health and ideal weight
• Which vitamins and supplements to emphasize or avoid
• Which medications function best in your system
• Whether your stress goes to your muscles or to your nervous system
• Whether your stress is relieved better through aerobics or meditation
• Whether you should walk, swim, or play tennis or golf as your mode of exercise
• How knowing your blood type can help you avoid many common viruses and infections
• How knowing your blood type can help you fight back against life-threatening diseases
• How to slow down the aging process by avoiding factors that cause rapid cell deterioration
INCLUDES A 10-DAY JUMP-START PLAN
Cheri Erdman (Nothing to Lose: Sane Living in a Larger Body) offers emotional support to large women with Live Large! Ideas, Affirmations, and Actions for Sane Living in a Larger Body, a collection of 140 meditations promoting a positive image and a celebration of one's size. Each page begins with a "Big Idea" (for empowerment) then "Fleshes It Out" (with an affirmation) and a "Size-Wise Action" (a specific task). Erdman, a psychotherapist, offers support and encouragement for women struggling to find a way to live with the bodies they have. (Harper San Francisco, $11 160p ; Jan.)
Eat Right 4 Your Type
After being advised by my doctor, a Naturopath, to read Eat Right 4 Your Type. I began to eat and exercise according to the book's plan. I became an avid runner, running five to ten miles a day and began to spend and hour or two working out five days a week.
Within six months, I had lost 35 lbs and my blood workups went from bad to excellent. Having had a cause and effect model to test the diets' success over a period of 5 years, I confidently recommend this book. I was never healthier.