Blossoms, Bees, and Seeds is part of the Smithsonian Science Stories Literacy Series. Blossoms, Bees, and Seeds features short stories that pair with the module, How Can We Find the Best Place for a Plant to Grow? Both are aligned to grade 2 standards. In Blossoms, Bees, and Seeds, students will read about the structures of plants, the pollinators that plants need to help them grow, and what places are best for growing different kinds of plants.
Blossoms, Bees, and Seeds includes the following features:
• Stories that focus on the things plants need to survive
• Stories that highlight STEM careers
• Incorporation of images from the Smithsonian’s Mary Livingston Ripley Garden and the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum and artwork featured on stamps from the Smithsonian National Postal Museum
• On-grade and below-grade formats
• Official Lexile range: 490-560L