Revised and updated in 2017. How to Plan, Prepare and Successfully Complete Your Short-Term Mission (STM) will guide you through all you need to know about your STM and includes more than 140 real-life STM testimonies! The author has been on more than thirty mission trips and has experience: as a team member, a leader and as a host. He has participated in the most incredible mission adventures, sharing the Word in Sudan, preaching in villages in India, supplying Bibles in North Africa, assisting the persecuted Church in Asia, and maintaining mission centres in Europe.
The book Includes:
• What to buy, take with you and leave behind.
• Who to go with, where to go and when to depart.
• To join a mission organisation or plan your own STM.
• The duration, destination and timing of your mission trip.
• Types of STMs – evangelistic, preaching or humanitarian.
• Medical issues, your passport, visa and travelling with money.
• Emotional and spiritual work before, during and on your return.
• Understanding culture, language and giving your testimony.
• How to get the money to go and setting a realistic budget.
• Food, drink, accommodation and working with the locals.
• Team dynamics, etiquette, leadership and the team.
• Security, wisdom and safety – being streetwise.
• Having a safe and successful STM.
In the last few years, millions of Christians both young and old have embarked upon an expedition of a lifetime into the unknown – to serve, witness and experience another world. Now it’s your turn to take the challenge and put your faith into action, as you prepare for your short-term mission (STM) as part of the Great Commission.
Mathew Backholer is the co-founder of ByFaith Media (www.ByFaith.org) and films and presents the reality mission series ByFaith TV which airs globally on numerous Christian networks. He has traveled to forty nations of the world and is the author of many books, including: Short-Term Missions: A Christian Guide, Extreme Faith – On Fire Christianity, Revival Fires and Awakenings and Global Revival – Worldwide Outpourings.