"The Digital Puritan" is a quarterly digest of Puritan works which have been gently modernised to render the text more readable. Hundreds of helpful notes and Scripture references are included as end-notes.
In this edition:
1. Why Read the Puritans Today? - Don Kistler gives ten reasons why time spent reading the Puritans is always profitable.
2. Private Prayer: A Christian Duty - Oliver Heywood expounds upon the necessity of personal prayer time.
3. How to Avoid Cherishing a Pet Sin - Thomas Brooks teaches the believer to expel every rebel lust.
4. What Can and Must Persons Do Toward Their Own Conversion? - William Greenhill shows that although salvation is not of works, yet it requires us to act.
5. Haman's Vanity - the sermon that Obadiah Sedgwick preached before the House of Commons just days after the discovery of Edmund Waller's dastardly plot to bring down Parliament.
6. The Puritans in Verse: A Dialogue of Self-Denial - Richard Baxter.